Exclusive: Zendaya’s Album Release Party Details!

September 19, 2013

zendaya
Buca di Beppo

This. Girl. Is. On. Fire.
But really, what can’t Zendaya do? After being a finalist on the 16th season of Dancing With the Stars, writing her own book, “Between U and Me: How to Rock Your Tween Years with Style and Confidence,” AND releasing her debut self-titled album, Zendaya has made her mark as a total superstar!

BOP and Tiger Beat got to join Zendaya at her album release party at Buca di Beppo restaurant at Universal City Walk in Los Angeles, California. All of Zendaya’s family and friends, including her costars, Bella Thorne, Spencer Boldman and Caroline Sunshine, showed support for the “Replay” singer. So sweet!

We sat down and chatted with the 17-year-old about her debut album as she dished all about her new music! Check it out:

-BOP & Tiger Beat: Have you been getting a lot of good feedback from your album on social media?
-Zendaya: I have! People are really responding well to the album, and I think they’re very excited about it. A lot of people didn’t expect it to be what it is, and in a good way. I’m very proud of that!

-B&TB: How would you describe your sound?
-Z: My sound is rhythmic pop. It is pop music, but it’s influenced by R&B and hip hop. It’s a little more urban than your typical pop music.

-B&TB: Is there anyone you would like to collaborate with in the future?
-Z: Of course! I really love rap artists, but I would like to do some more clean verses. I would love to do something with Drake, Big Sean, maybe ASAP Rocky, just as long as they clean it up and do a little Disney style with me that would be awesome!

-B&TB: Who were some of your inspirations for the album?
-Z: My #1 inspirations were Beyonce and Michael Jackson, of course. That’s always my go-to answer. I like their style and that I can connect with them on a vocal level.

-B&TB: What song besides “Replay” would you want to be your next single?
-Z: I would want it to be “Fireflies” because it is the perfect mix between that R&B and pop sounding tone, and that’s what I’m really proud of.

Do YOU have Zendaya’s new album on “Replay?” Tell us what you think of it in the comments and on Twitter!

Tags: , , ,

1. Diana says:

The cake in the picture looks so cool!

2. Cute n cool says:

OMG! I just said zendaya needed an album! SHE IS SUPS TALENTED! <3 ya Zen! :-)

Her album sounds good!

4. Emilykb20 says:

5. PopNews123 says:

She is really pretty.

6. nicole kitty cat says:

she great she just needs to die her hair blone just saying bye fabou

7. figureskater101 says:

She’s so pretty

8. Shawna says:

Yes I had an Easy Bake Oven that I had to get rid of when I had to stay at the homeless shelter.In fact I had a Gormet Girl Bake set too. I just came back from my daily walk.I love toys.I have a Baby Alive Doll. I’m 42 years old and I love toys and Bop and Tiger Beat.And I was hopeing to see someone at Church because me and my Mother Devonda Miller are broke right now.I like to try and go to Church alot of times when it’s least expected anyways because I’m not Catholic I’m Baptist..I’m afraid to become a Catholic.I’m married to a man named Pat Watson.Anyway God blessed me with what I needed.And thats almost ten dollars I think for something to eat. My Mother is Pagan Witch and so am I. But, we have our reason for doing so.

9. Laurengirlsrock says:

That’s a HUGE cake

10. TiGeRbEaTlOvEr711 says:

How pretty look at the CAKE she’s so lucky I LOVE her new selfed named album