Ed Sheeran Says New 1D Album is Finished

May 7, 2013

Hagen Hopkins/Getty Images

It’s the “little things,” like a new One Direction album, that make us Directioners SO HAPPY! We are so excited for the new music, which is reportedly scheduled to release before the holidays.

Fellow Brit singer Ed Sheeran, who’s written songs for 1D in the past, reportedly told MTV that the new 1D album is ALREADY done. Um, WHAT?!

“I haven’t done any songs on this one; I’ve actually kind of cut myself from giving any people songs at the moment, because I want to make my album,” Ed dished. “Once my album’s done, then we’ll see. But their album is already finished.”

Although Ed is super convinced the 1D boys are done with their entire album, we’re not so sure! A spokesperson from their label, Columbia, reportedly told MTV News that “the guys are still very much working on their new album.”

Hmmm. As much as we would love for 1D to churn out new music ASAP, we’re betting they have more work to get done before officially releasing their album in December.

What do YOU guys think? Is the new 1D album totally finished already? Or, do the boys have a few tricks up their sleeves still? Sound off in the comments and on Twitter!

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Laurengirlsrock says:

Ed Probably Just Means The Song Writing On The Album Is Done

2. RedyStedyGo says:

YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! I LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOUUUUUUIIIIIISSSSS!!!!!!!!!
    LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOUUUUUUIIIIIISSSSS!!!!!!!!!

3. Jess says:

Yay! That’s awesome but maybe @Laurengirlsrock is right!!!

CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!

Do you guys know the title yet!?

4. Only_OneDirection says:

I’m thinking that they are still making the album because its releasing in December! But, if it is finished….only 2 words to explain this situation……CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LUV YOU 1D!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Katie says:

Can’t wait and the tittle for the new album is called heartbreaker @jess

6. Diana says:

Can’t wait. What is the title going to be?

I can’t wait till it comes out!

8. roughlife says:

I think they are being smart and waiting til Christmas so they can make more money or they might be doing a Christmas song! That would be awesome a 1D Christmas song! :)

I don’t think it’s done. It can’t be done that fast. But I’m excited for it! :)

10. Can’t wait for their next album.