Taylor: “Part of Me Just Wants to Be Alone”

January 22, 2013

Larry Busacca/Getty Images

Is Taylor Swift ready to retire as a serial dater? It seems like she might be! Tay has faced plenty of negativity about her dating life, but she might be ready to put it on hold for a while. She told Vibe that independence is key for her and we’re wondering if that might mean she wants to be single for a while!

“Independence is something I’ve always needed, from when I was young, but I love the idea of romance and falling in love,” Tay said. “I’ve never really had a long relationship. So that’s something I think about for the future. It’s an interesting part of my personality: Part of me just wants to be alone….Sagittarians are really independent, and we like our space. We’re drawn to love but battle for that need for independence.”

Do you think Taylor will really take some time to be alone for a while or is she just too addicted to love to take a break? Sound off in the comments and on Twitter!

1. SonyaLuvHarry says:

Taylor, u NEED 2 stopped dating SOOOO many guys! If u keep dating the guy u love and then dumped, then the guys will find ANOTHER girl love that DONT DATED TOO MUCH!! So i STILL want u 2 be single. And plz, dont dated a member of the boyband group lik Harry Styles from 1D. Cuz one of their contrast said that they hav 2 be 2gether, but if one of them leave without being 2gether, then they WILL loose their $ and they cant be an AMAZING boyband in the UK! So i dont want u 2 split them up and u go find another single guys that is NOT a member of the boyband group.
    And @Swiftie, if u read this, I DONT CARE!!!!

2. eudeen says:

i think she need someone that will understand her!!@

3. Emilykb20 says:

4. Sydney says:

Hey Taylor I bet you get this alot, but me and my sis are total fans. Do you ever miss being a kid a normal kid. I mean I would love to by a star like you for a day but not for my life. Don’t you miss going to the movies with friends and not being asked all the time can I have an aughtogragh or I love you Taylor. And yes I do think you should give up on dating. Not to be mean but I think boys are rude and silly, silly can be good but not all the time. Sydney please reply

Aww, she sounds so miserable! I’m sure she’ll find the perfect guy someday!

6. Laurengirlsrock says:

I Thought Her And Harry Styles Were Perfect Together

7. Jess says:

Taylor has broken up with too many people and it’s time to take a break Tay!

8. Hannah says:

It’s about time Taylor to stop breaking hearts!

9. Directioner says:

I love taylor but I doubt she’ll stop dating even just for a little bit :/ sorry

10. She needs another boyfriend to write songs about, lol.