Is the Media Too Hard on Taylor?

January 21, 2013

These days, it seems like Taylor Swift is known almost as much for her failed relationships as she is for the songs she writes about them. Now, we love Tay and just want her to be happy, but we can understand why some people would feel the need to shake their heads at her when it comes to matters of the heart. When rumors flew that Taylor was already in the studio recording breakup hits about One Direction‘s Harry Styles just days after their split earlier this month, the jokes started rolling in. Tay was the butt of a joke at the Golden Globes for her serial dating habits and late night talk show host Conan O’Brien put together a (totally, obviously) fake video parodying her songwriting (see above).

Do you think the jokes and videos are funny and totally fair game since Tay is so famous or are they plain mean? Sound off in the comments and on Twitter!

This is pretty funny though!

2. rednecks_rule_uk says:

ps why do so many people hate her, so what she dated harry, it is not like she was doing it to be mean or anything

3. rednecks_rule_uk says:

that was really mean, why is that humor to some people, poor taylor!

4. StarGirl12 says:

I think the media is being too hard on Tay. So she has bad relationships? So what? Does no one else have bad relationships in Hollywood?? YES! So she writes songs about her break-ups. WHO CARES? A ton of people sing about their relationships. She has amazing music, an amazing style, but just a little bad luck in the boyfriend department. A ton of TV shows have been mocking her but I think it’s great of her to not let it get to her. I am a devoted Taylor Swift Fan.

5. Im happy that Harry dumped Taylor! :)

6. Arabelle28 says:

LOL! Tay deserve it. BOO! WE HATE U TAY! Why can’t U write fun songs like Gangnam Style or Party Rock.

7. HannahLulu23 says:

Haha! This was so funny! :) I don’t think it was mean at all! I mean c’mon some of her songs are so uncalled for and the media is nothing compared to the things she writes. I personally get really sick of her songs and I know I can’t be the only one.

8. Jess says:

Funny but also mean because if it was me I’d feel really bad about people writing songs about my break ups!

OMG! That was totally funny!!! :)

10. Swiftie354 says:

That is sooo mean!!! Taylor has a hard time finding love so what! I hate it when ppl say that she writes song the express her feelings