Sad News for Miley

December 12, 2012

Twitter

We love Miley Cyrus because she always seems to be so upbeat and never lets anything get her down, whether it’s mean comments about her hair or rumors about her relationship with Liam Hemsworth. After all, her nickname is “Smiley!” Unfortunately, Miley shared some terribly sad news with her fans — her puppy, Lila, has passed away.

Miley’s Yorkie mix had just turned two in November, but she had visited the vet in October for unknown health reasons. Miley hasn’t shared if Lila was sick or not, but she did share this heartbreaking tweet:

Miley also said she’d be taking a break from Twitter because she’s so upset, and thanked her fans for being so understanding and kind.

There’s not much worse than losing a pet. Luckily Miley has awesome fans, great friends and family and a whole house of other furry friends to help her get through this difficult time. We’re so sorry, Miley, and we hope you feel better soon!

Give Miley your condolences in the comments and on Twitter. RIP, Lila!

1. Hannah says:

*tear* I’m so sorry Miley! T.T

2. loveselenagomez says:

So sorry:( (tear) Now i will be crying for weeks and weeks and weeks.:( Miley 1.I love your hair it’s AWESOME!!!2.so sorry 3.you are a great singer!!!! R.I.P Lila :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( (tear) with love:your #1 fan

3. mollyluvstaylorswift says:

i am not a fan of miley i think she is a bad person like lindsay lohan

4. Tamz says:

Aaaah I’m so sorry Miley, I really do agree with you, losing a pet is not so easy :’(

5. SonyaLuvHarry says:

:( miley, im so sorry. my heart is broken, too :(

Aww, RIP Lila!

7. OMG I’m so sorry Miley! I know how hard it is to loose a pet. I’ve had to deal with the loss of many pets before and its a terrible feeling. Bug eventually it gets easier with time. Your pooch will always be in your heart.

8. Ccupcakeglitter says:

Miley, I am so sorry!!!!!!!! Lila is so sweet and is so cute. I am so sad.

9. mileycyrusfan says:

i am really sorry! i felt that way when my bird died, he was sick. but miley, ALL YOUR FANS ARE HERE FOR YOU! YOU ARE THE BEST! I AM YOUR BIGGEST FAN!!!!!!

SMILEY FOREVER!! xox