1D Recommend Their Fave Music!

December 17, 2012

Dave Hogan/Getty Images

You can’t ask us about our favorite music without hearing about the awesomeness of One Direction and we’re guessing a lot of you are the same way. But have you ever wondered what 1D says when people ask them about their fave music?

After being crowned Billboard magazine’s Top New Artist in 2012, a few of the boys of One Direction dished on their own personal music tastes.

“I actually get a lot of music from my sister, who’s into all these bands,” Harry admitted. “She’s been listening to and downloading stuff that I get from her. A lot of times suggested stuff comes on iTunes I’ll have a look at it, or the fans will send me things. But I’ve been listening to The Lumineers. I love their album and also Elvis Perkins, he’s great.”

Louis said that he “quite likes” American music!

“I’m a massive fan of The Fray, and The Killers,” Louis said. “I also like more acoustic stuff like Ed Sheeran, I like this English songwriter James Morrison and another singer called Ben Howard.

Niall also said he’s been getting into his American friends’ music tastes.

“We’ve been doing a lot of traveling in the States, and country music’s quite big over here, so I’ve been listening to a lot of that. It’s as big back home I’ve been listening to a lot of Lady Antebellum — I’m a big fan of them,” Niall said. “And I think The Script’s new album is really good. I like stuff that’s a bit more guitar-y. I’ve got my old favorites like The Eagles and Bon Jovi. Tonight I’m going to watch The Who at the Garden. I’m kind of an old ’80s ’90s rocker.”

Which 1D boy’s music taste best matches yours? Tell us in the comments and on Twitter!

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Lauren says:

I listen to The Lumineers,Ed Sheeran,The Script, and Lady Antebellum

2. NERDY GURL says:

Yay niall matches me the most cuz i listen to lady antebellum,the script,ed sheeren
    The others i dont really know who they are
    Sorry……….

3. OneDirectioner1800 says:

Me and Niall are sooo a perfect match!
    I listen to Lady Antebellum like ALL DAY on my laptop!
    We are sooooo, a perfect match!

4. Ava says:

I listen to Lady Antebellum,The Killers, and Bon Jovi.

5. Lauren says:

Hey my fav music is i like One Direction, Ilike lil wayne, Nicki Minaj, Lil Kim ,Biggie Smalls, Like Drake, Alcia Keys , Beyonce, The Script ,The Wanted , Hot Chella Rae ,Justin Bieber, and Rhianna and lots others but my fav is one direction always. I love you guys.

6. 1Dsffan says:

I LOVE Ed Sheeran! My favorite song of his is “The A Team.”
    The Script’s “Hall Of Fame” is great too. Being a baseball fan kind of has an influence on it. Lady Antebellum’s “Need You Now” is great. But 1D, no matter what you do throughout your career, us Directioners will be there for you, always.

I love Louis’ pick! Ed Sheeran!

8. SonyaLuvHarry says:

I LOVED ALL OF THEIR SONGS :)

I guess Niall’s and Louis’

10. silentscream says:

I like tons of stuff from coutry to pop to punk rock. Some of my fave bands/artists are Green Day, Hawk Nelson, Taylor Swift, The Band Perry, Simple Plan, the All-American Rejects, Katy Perry, Avril Lavigne, Kesha, the Beatles, the Monkees, The Wanted, and of course, One Direction!