1D: “We’re Just Ourselves!”

November 6, 2012

Jason Merritt/Getty Images

When you’re as super famous as One Direction, you might think it’d be easy to let all the fame get to your head. With millions of screaming fans and crazy-successful songs, some people might think 1D have changed themselves or their personalities. Not true, they said! The boys don’t buy into boy band stereotypes, and they think that’s one reason why their fans love them so much!

“I think for us, the main thing is that we’ve just kind of been ourselves, that’s what people like,” Liam said. “I think a lot of people get into our situation and you hear they’ve changed, but we’ve just stayed ourselves.”

Louis agreed with him. “In the past, with previous boy bands, I think they felt like they had to meet a stereotype. We’re just ourselves – stupid, immature and quirky.” (Um, you forgot “absolutely adorable,” Louis!)

Take Me Home comes out in 8 days, so it doesn’t look like 1D will be going away any time soon. How will they stay themselves when they’re fame keeps getting crazier and crazier? Liam says the boys’ “genuine” friendship keeps their heads out of the clouds.

“People still ask whether we really get on or not, and we genuinely do. A lot of people don’t believe that, they think it’s some fake thing where we have to get on because of the position we’re in,” he said.

Collective “awwwwww,” anyone? Tell us how much YOU love One Direction in the comments and on Twitter!

Tags: , ,

1. Mrs.KyrianaPayne says:

I LOVE ONE DIRECTION THEY ARE AMAZING!!!!!

2. KKMalik says:

ONE DIRECTION IS THE BOMB!!! I <3 THEM SOOO MUCH… THE MUSIC !!!! *FANGIRLS*…THE TALENT *SWOON* THE LOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 *FANGIRL-SWOON*

3. honestyisawsome says:

HAHAHAHAHAHA… THAT IS ONE OF THE MANY REASONS I HAVE THE INFECTION.. THEY REALLY ARE STUPID IMMATURE AND QUIRKY

LOL :P

AWWWWWWWWWWW! I love 1D so much because they’re such amazing guys! Their music is amazing and so fun to listen to! I will never get old of them!

I LUV 1D! THEY’RE TOTALLY AMAZING AND FABULOUS! THEY MAKE ME SWOON A LOT! LOL XOXO :D

6. OneDirection255 says:

I love them SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much its ridiculous!
    -Biggest Fan Since Fooooorrrrrrrrevvvvvvaaaaa <3

7. briebrie says:

I love One Direction!!! I can’t wait for Take Me Home to come out!!! :):)

8. Alexis says:

I am the number 1 SECRET ONE DIRECTION FAN!!! I really like their music and they really inspire me…..but I am so embarressed about it! I’m usually been one of those people who make fun of Justin Bieber or call hearthrobs undercover girls and mean stuff like that! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ONE DIRECTION, BUT I NEVER TALK ABOUT THEM IN PUBLIC, BUT I WILL NEVER EVER, NOT IN A MILLION YEARS MAKE FUN OF ONE DIRECTION!!! they are way to awesome and I love their accents

9. melody says:

I LOVE ONE DIRECTION MORE THAN WORDS CAN DESCRIBE THEIR JUST AMAZAYN BEING THEMSELVES AND BEING SO ADORABLE I LOVE THEIR PERSONALITIES THEIR JUST SO FUN AND WONDERFUL PEOPLE LOVE U GUYS FOREVER AND ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!

10. melody says:

tHEIR NOTHING TO BE EMBARRESED OF I AM A DIRECTIONER AND I’M PROUD OF IT SEE SOME PEOPLE MIGHT LAUGH AT ME AND TELL ME THAT I SHOULDNT LOVE THEM I DONT CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK THOUGH I’M PROUD OF BEING MYSELF AND I’M PROUD OF THE BOYS