10 Reasons Why We Love The Hunger Games!
February 9, 2012
It seems like everyone who picks up a copy of The Hunger Games are instantly hooked and we at BOP & Tiger Beat are no exception! We can’t wait for the film and we’re still drooling over the books, so we absolutely love to talk about what it is we like about the series. Here are our top ten reasons why we LOVE The Hunger Games!
10. Much like many of our other favorite series (like Harry Potter and Twilight), we can barely handle the anticipation for the film version of The Hunger Games! It will be so cool to see Katniss and Peeta brought to the screen and to compare our visions of the book to the movie version!
9. We’re obsessed with the Capitol! The fashion and lifestyles there are just so crazy and fun to imagine. We can’t wait to see them realized onscreen.
8. We love how sweet Peeta is. His love for Katniss is so strong and it really helps them both in the Games!
7. The scenes with Cinna designing Katniss and Peeta’s costumes are some of our absolute faves! We love finding out what crazy styles the wardrobe artist has up his sleeve! It’s so much fun thinking about how to dress like Katniss because the styles Cinna puts her in are so fabulous.
6. Even though The Hunger Games is set in a scary futuristic fantasy world, it is also a very interesting place to imagine. Suzanne Collins creates a really amazing visual world through her writing and we love to picture it in our heads!
5. The books are so gritty! Many YA books pull punches, but The Hunger Games never does! We’re actually a little nervous to see some of the scenes in the movie because they’re SO intense in the books.
4. We’re constantly intrigued by the love triangle between Katniss, Peeta and Gale. While we were reading the books, we were never quite sure who to root for – we love the relationships between all of the characters in The Hunger Games.
3. Though most people don’t notice it when they’re reading the series, The Hunger Games is a really good survival manual! Katniss is very brave and resourceful and by reading the book we feel slightly more able to make our own adventures in the woods – with friends of course!
2. The characters of The Hunger Games are very relatable and well-rounded. Katniss’ devotion to her family, especially when she takes Prim’s place in the Hunger Games is one of the best moments in the series!
1. Other than being relatable, Katniss is a really wonderful character overall. She is super humble and strong-willed, she is a loving daughter and sister and very compassionate to those around her. We can’t help but be amazed by this strong heroine making her truly the best thing about The Hunger Games!
What do you like about The Hunger Games? Can you make your own Top Ten? Share your opinions in the comments and on Twitter!