Getty Images and Austin Mahone’s Twitter
Last week, we asked BOP and Tiger Beat readers to give us their suggestions for the best songs of the year via Facebook and Twitter. We took their suggestions and came up with FIVE categories for songs for an ultimate 2011 playlist: Female solo artist, male solo artist, group/bands, newcomers, and screen-to-song. There was such an overwhelming demand for favorite YouTube artists though, that we just HAD to add a bonus category for YouTube singers. Every song in every category was nominated by our readers and fans of all of the artists have been voting like crazy (and taking to Twitter and Facebook to get other fans to vote too!) all weekend. We finally have the results for you. Here is our reader-chosen 2011 playlist!
- Favorite Female Solo Artist Song: “Skyscraper” by Demi Lovato
- Favorite Male Solo Artist Song: “Mistletoe” by Justin Bieber
- Favorite Group/Band Song: “Music Sounds Better With U” by Big Time Rush
- Favorite Newcomer Song: “What Makes You Beautiful” by One Direction
- Favorite Screen-to-Song (songs by actors/actresses who have started dedicating more time to singing this year): “Dig Down Deeper” by Zendaya
- Favorite YouTube Song: “Mistletoe (cover)” by Austin Mahone
Competition was tough and there were a lot of categories with songs that came in close seconds. Some other faves that almost made the list include “Who Says” by Selena Gomez and the Scene, “Put Your Hearts Up” by Ariana Grande and “Not Your Cinderella” by Payton Rae. Congratulations to everyone who was nominated and thank you to all of the readers and fans who voted!
What do you think of the playlist our readers chose? What five songs would YOU have put on the playlist if it were only up to you? Tell us in the comments and on Twitter!